Discover the project management template offered by Enovacom for biomedical equipment connection to patient records (ECGs, screens, syringe pumps, monitoring stations, etc.). The aim is collecting your patients’ vital data automatically and saving physicians’ time. Let’s take a closer look at the steps of choosing to integrate the ENOVACOM Patient Connect solution into your facility’s IT system.
The 9 key steps of the Enovacom project management dedicated to biomedical equipment connection
- A framework meeting between Enovacom and the facility with several defined objectives:
- The project’s timeframe & deadline
- The scope of action: a complete list of available devices to connect with targeted applications (electronic patient records? specialised care records?)
- What connections are available in the care units?
- Validating the various necessary stakeholders and the time given to the project: EPRs, the network manager, the biomedical engineer, the consultant and the applications manager.
- Validating what connectors are available in the relevant business application
- Delivering the project management plan validated by the facility
- If an extra unplanned need crops us (changing equipment, etc.), our team will have no problem handling it. We will just have to assess how it will affect the project’s schedule
- The installation phase – done either on site or via remote maintenance. Every time we intervene, a report will be sent to the facility’s project manager to help them keep track of progress
- Implementing inter-application flows
- HL7 ADT or IMS flow guaranteeing information about patient movements in facilities. This gives patient IDs (IEP or IPP in France) within ENOVACOM Patient Connect.
- Testing and validating connected equipment with ENOVACOM Patient Connect to confirm that devices and patients have been linked up properly
- Testing and validating with business applications to integrate patients’ vital data automatically while respecting HL7 ORU R01 flows and HL7 ORU R40 equipment alarms
- Training facility administrators – EPR and biomedical teams before anyone else
- Training care teams and keys users how to use ENOVACOM Patient Connect (appointed users who will be in charge of training other members of the team if necessary) – most of the time, the solution is integrated into EPRs automatically and is even easier to use because only one button will be added.
- Go live: putting the project into action with close support to monitor the project over the coming weeks
Have a look at two examples of successful projects our teams have implemented