Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust, in the context of the Global Digital Exemplar programme, has embarked on a high-impact interoperability roadmap with international integration provider Enovacom that empowers NHS staff to create in-house interfaces with potential to deliver significant benefits across the health service.
Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust is a digitally advanced mental health, community and learning disability trust. As a mental health Global Digital Exemplar (GDE), it provides physical, mental health and social care for people of all ages across Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Swindon, Wiltshire, Bath and North East Somerset.
Services are delivered at multiple locations including community bases, hospitals, clinics and people’s homes. Interoperability – the ability to share and use information seamlessly across a patient journey – is vital in supporting the trust’s aim of delivering care as close to home as possible.
The interoperability challenge
Interoperability goes beyond integrating hospital-wide systems into developing regional shared care records through Local Health and Care Regional Exemplar (LHCRE) programmes for improving and coordinating individual care.
Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust, facing these common integration challenges, embarked on a strategy to implement Enovacom’s user-friendly and scalable technology that will release immediate patient safety and efficiency benefits, but importantly lay the foundations for regional-wide interoperability. The two organisations have ambitious plans to help transform healthcare on a global scale. As a Global Digital Exemplar the trust appointed Enovacom as its international partner supporting healthcare organisations across the world with learnings and best practice from their interoperability successes.
- Improved patient journey: integrated information across children’s services, documents, pharmacy systems;
- Empowering in-house staff: interfaces built in-house with minimal training required;
- Early efficiency savings: 408 hours saved annually on unnecessary data entry duplication;
- Fit for the future: foundations in place to scale up to a clinical portal;
- Lessons for NHS trusts: Enovacom appointed as Oxford Health International GDE partner to share interoperability knowledge and experience with NHS.
Want to learn all about this project? Download our case study and learn how Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust is now on its way towards regional-wide interoperability